Sunday 14 June 2015

The Parting...

You left me a few years ago, but it hasn't mattered to me yet. Perhaps this shows I never loved you, or if I did, it was a little too less for me to feel a sense of loss at our separation.
Perhaps the break-up was secretly hoped and prayed for somewhere in my subconscious mind, because it did not come as a huge shock like it should really have.
Yesterday evening I saw you with another guy, but the sharp pain in my heart that I should have felt, was missing. Was I just pretending to love you then, all this while?
I guess I will never know the truth, and even if I do, I won't spend any more words in expressing it. Perhaps it was always supposed to be this way, with you and I on separate paths, never meant to journey together.
And today when I look back and try to remember our time together, the feeling of true bereavement is missing.
I simply don't feel any loss.I think I never loved you. And I think you never loved me either.
Good that we broke-up before carrying this sham too far. Good that we did not waste any more time trying to pretend that we were meant to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment